Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day with Chase Charleston!

Happy Earth Day dudes and dudettes!!
Chase here, checking in from the blue & green planet Earth!

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! Chase Charleston @ Checking In With The Charlestons

Hopefully all you peeps found some time to contribute in one way or another to our Mother Earth today and continue to do so in the future. I know I did! Today has been a very busy day so I am finally getting a chance to tell you all about my contributions to Earth Day...

Earth Day @ Checking In With The Charlestons

I started the day by taking public transportation instead of driving everywhere I went today. The Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) trains make it totally convenient to ride to work and then to school when I need to, so I totally suggest taking BART whenever you possibly can to help reduce pollution in our environment. If you are a Cal State East Bay student, like my bros and me, you can even take the bus for FREE by simply showing your Bay Card (the CSUEB ID Card for students) to the bus driver! And I know you dudes like FREE, because who doesn’t like FREE?!? Right? The CSUEB AC Transit bus is line #60 and it runs between the hours of 6:00AM-10:30PM with service every 20 minutes. I find it totally-tubular when I take BART to Hayward and need a simple and FREE way to hitch a ride to mi escuela! (The ladies dig when I speak Espanol!) Another bus that accepts the Bay Card is line #22, which will take you from the Hayward BART station to the Southland Mall and Chabot College. Therefore, if you are a CSUEB student and you have a Bay Card I highly suggest, from the Cha Cha Cha Chaseified, that you take full advantage and ride public transportation whenever possible to help our earth become greener and help yourself keep that green in your pocket! If you know what I’m saaaayin’!

Earth Day @ Checking In With The Charlestons

Another donation I made to our Mother Earth today was collecting plastic bottles for recycling! Plastic plays a big role in the damage to our environment so it is stupendously important that we all recycle as much as possible. Anything you can do to recycle, whether it be plastic, aluminum, paper, and etc., the better it is for the people and animals living on our earth!


Earth Day @ Checking In With The Charlestons

Like one of my girls texted me today said...
Let’s help make this world a better place & be as GREEN as we can be from now on! Make Mother Earth proud she gave you a home!”


Check out the Official Earth Day website and be sure to be Checking In With The Charlestons to see what were up to next…Peace dudes!!!

http://www.earthday.org/earthday2010

3 comments:

  1. I wish the DC Metro would let DC area college students ride free. Do UC students get to ride free too, or just Cal State? When I went to Berkeley a while ago, nothing was free, except during the People's Park Riot, ha ha!! I don't think looting really counts as free though! I did NOT partake! Somehow the flying rocks, fires in the street and the Fiat rolled over in the street to block the police vehicles and then set ablaze were enough excitement for me. I headed home at got to my dorm which was right beside People's Park just in time to see the mushroom cloud that went up from that tiny card. It was pretty spectacular though; you and your brothers would have LOVED that! You might have had to stay a little further back than the rest of the protesters though; wouldn't want to mess up your threads. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Alana, that is unfortunate that DC students don't get to ride their local bus for free. The school should totally look into providing that service for students...I mean we ARE students and usually students need any help we can get! Considering they just keep raising prices on tuition and everything that compliments going to school nowadays!!! Right??
    On another note, I KNOW that us Charleston bros would totally dig this People's Park Riot you are talking about! Who cares about our threads as long as they don't touch the dreads! Wooooord!
    Dudette Alana, please keep in touch! And keep us posted if your school ever decides to provide some public transportation for you and your fellow peeps! Good luck to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I moved away from DC as soon as I graduated back in 1997. I now live right next to Old Dominion University in Tidewater Virginia and the public transportation is lacking. In fact, there isn't any rapid transport system yet. However, construction is underway now and the first station platform has been poured at Norfolk State University. SO, it appears that there is hope at least in THIS area. There are other interesting transportation programs in place for ODU students too.
    The chaos, while not on the scale of LA Glam and Glitz, is much more in tune with the ruff and tumble life in the Bronx, NY, but I am SURE that you and your bros would have PLENTY to keep you entertained. COPS has filmed in VA Beach a few times even; now THAT is SO much more entertaining than Kardashian booty!
    Thanks for your response.

    ReplyDelete