Sunday, May 2, 2010

Chinatown Street Art

What is up my peeps?! Man, this weekend flew by! Yesterday was so nice, I had to get outside and do something. The sun was out and so were the mini skirts and sun dresses, you know what I'm sayin! When I got downtown I decided to check out one of the most forgotten spots of SF, Chinatown dude!

Chester Charleston in Chinatown at Checking in With The Charlestons
Chinatown was crackin as usual. Tons of people walking around, tons of cheap deals, and tons of Chinese food! But there was something even more crackin there yesterday. One of the dopest graffiti artists from Europe hit up a wall in Chinatown! The artist goes by Banksy. If you never heard of him you better check yo self because this dude is legendary. And for him to be in SF and hit up a wall is crazy!! This is the tag he did in Chinatown by Commercial & Grant.

Banksy tag in Chinatown at Checking In With The Charlestons
I found out later that he tagged other places all over the city! I'm bummed I didn't get to see the other tags in person, but here are some pretty sweet pics of the work from SFist.

Banksy Tag Haight & AshburyHaight & Ashbury

Banksy Tag Mission San FranciscoMission District

Banksy Tag SOMASOMA

No comments:

Post a Comment